For the 2019 funding period, GYA members will continue to be active in 18 working groups and three Incubators within the three GYA Themes of Science & Society, Research Environment, and Science Education and Outreach.
The Incubator on Science Diplomacy in South Asia has been promoted to working group status from January 2019.
In addition to regular base funding for the coming 12 months, top-up funding for specific additional activities has been granted to the following GYA working groups:
- Biodiversity – a conference on Biodiversity in Uzbekistan in 2019
- Global Health – a survey on “Trust in Medicine”, with the Trust in Young Scientists working group
- DIY Biology – policy hackathons on DIY Biology
- Science Advice – further joint activities with INGSA with a focus on Latin America
- Science + Arts = Peace and Justice – science arts performance at 2019 GYA AGM
- Scientific Excellence – projects on institutional promotion criteria and optimising assessment
- Women in Science – a publication on Motherhood in Science
- Science Education for Youth – a draw-a-scientist-contest for schoolchildren