Student Assistant (m/f)
Project and Communications Assistant
The role of the Student Assistant will be to support the work of the GYA Project Officers in assisting the interdisciplinary and international working groups and to assist the GYA’s project researcher to carry out an empirical research project. We are looking for a well-organized student with very good English language skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Draft and edit news articles on scientific projects of the GYA
- Communicate with members of the academy in order to receive timely reports from current events
- Assist with updating the content of GYA website and working to build and maintain a social media presence
- Assist with organisational & logistical tasks related to empirical research projects
- Assist with organising international meetings and conferences
- Bachelor’s degree
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organisational skills, creativity and good presentation skills
- Intercultural sensitivity and ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Ability to draft and/or edit news articles and other texts on a broad spectrum of topics
- Experience with social media, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Prior experience working with websites (updating texts and links, preferably in WordPress) or openness to learn to work in the field
The payment will be 11,01 EUR per hour.
The contract is for 60 hours, or up to a max. of 80 hours, per month (depending on the availability of the applicant). The contract may be extended beyond one year.
GYA and Leopoldina are an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We have a commitment to a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from any nationalities who fulfil all requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please apply in English online using our online application form at www.leopoldina.org/de/jobs – “Stellenausschreibungen” – “Student Assistant (m/f) Project and Communications Assistant” – Button on the right side: “Online bewerben”. The deadline for application is 22 October 2017.
For further information please consult www.globalyoungacademy.net.