Admin and Finance Assistant (m/f)
(German speakers may download the job description here)
The Administration and Finance Assistant will take over tasks in the financial and general administration and will work closely with and under the supervision of the Financial and Membership Officer. We search for a person who is eager to help organize our global network of young scientists under the administrative roof of Leopoldina.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Booking and payment preparations (MACH software)
- Calculation and reimbursement of travel costs
- Organizing and booking of travel
- General administrative tasks, e.g. creating excel lists, charts, overviews and PP presentations
- Event management support
- Communication with GYA members
- education in bookkeeping or as office assistant (Buchhalter/-in/Bürokauffrau/- mann/ Kauffrau/-mann für Büromanagement)
- relevant professional experience, preferably more than a year and in the German public sector
- knowledge of Bundeshaushaltsordnung and Bundesreisekostenrecht is desirable
- ability and interest in working in an international environment
- good written and verbal communication skills in German and at least workable knowledge of English
- friendly, open-minded personality and a good team player
- accurate style of work and good organizational skills
The payment will be based on the German public wage agreement level 8. The contract will be limited to the term congruent with the current core-funding of the GYA (ending on 31 December 2020). We expect possibilities for prolongation depending on future funding.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online in English or German using our online application form at www.leopoldina.org/de/jobs . The deadline for application is 18 April 2017.
The GYA/Leopoldina is an equal opportunities employer with commitment to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants from any nationality will receive consideration for employment. Applicants who are non EU citizens and not citizens of Island, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland need a valid work permit.
For further information on the position please call 0345/47239-170 (Lukas Bartak)