Media Officer (m/f)
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Media Officer will be in charge of media production as well as the support and development of the software, network resources and services required for GYA’s IT environment. We search for a person who is eager to learn with GYA about its growing opportunities and help to develop its global network.
- conceptualisation and production of digital and visual media, e.g. print- and online publications
- maintenance and further development of the website and intranet of the GYA
- user support for the intranet for the GYA membership and growing group of alumni
- project management and liaising with the IT department of Leopoldina and cooperation with external service providers (e.g. webhosting company)
- supporting the GYA with specialised tasks such as the introduction of a CRM system, including issuing corresponding calls for bids
- maintenance and further development of digital tools for communication and collaboration for the global GYA membership
- support of the membership and working groups in the conceptualisation and implementation of new and improvement of existing media products and digital projects
- education relevant to the subject, e.g. studies in Media Design, business informatics or applications programming
- relevant professional experience in the area media production as well as media technology and IT infrastructure, demonstrated through a portfolio of relevant projects
- excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud products and relevant open-source tools
- proficient in work with WordPress and other web-based software
- ideally prior knowledge in maintaining web-servers and web-based software products
- experience with the introduction, running, and maintenance of CRM products (based on SQL) is appreciated
- fluent command of English and German
- international interest and experience
- teamwork ability, intercultural sensitivity and competencies
- excellent references and relevant prior experience
- thorough knowledge of digital media, including social media platforms (experience in marketing strategies is welcome)
- good written and verbal communication skills
- creativity, good presentation and organisational skills
The payment will be based on the German public wage agreement up to level 13 depending on the individual education. The working time can be agreed on up to 75% (29,25 hours per week). The contract will be limited to the term congruent with the current core-funding of the GYA (ending on 31 December 2020). We expect possibilities for expansion and prolongation depending on future funding.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online in English using the Leopoldina online application form. The deadline for application is 13 March 2017.
The GYA/Leopoldina is an equal opportunities employer with commitment to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants from any nationalities will receive consideration for employment. Applicants who are non EU citizens and not citizens of Island, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland need a valid work permit.
For further information please consult www.globalyoungacademy.net or call 0345/47239-172.
Student Assistant Media (m/f)
The GYA is now looking for a new student media assistant. The tasks will include:
- maintenance and further development of the website and intranet of the GYA:
e.g. building up micro-sites, publishing articles, formatting pictures, embedding films etc,
- maintenance of the mailing lists (handle the failure notices)
- support of the membership and working groups in improving their usage of the intranet
- technical management of social media channels twitter and facebook
- technical management of the newsletter system (mailchimp)
The payment will be 9.45€ per hour. The working time is 60 up to max. 80 hours per month (depending on the availability of the applicant). After a successful first year, prolongation of the contract is possible.
Start: ASAP or 1 March 2017 latest.
For requirements and to apply please follow this link and click on Student Assistant Media vacancy.
The application deadline is 28 February 2017.