Freie Universität Berlin
Social Science Center Berlin
(Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin, WZB)
112 Reichpietschufer 50,
10785 Berlin, Germany
Dr. Robert Lepenies is recipient of the WZB A.SK Social Sciences Post-Doctoral Award 2015 at the Social Science Center Berlin and teaches at the FU Berlin.
Robert Lepenies is working on themes in the philosophy of economics and public policy. Recent research interests include the ethics of economics, the legitimacy of using behavioral instruments in policy (“nudging”), and questions relating to the role of scientists in society.
He recently won the inaugural WIWA Young Scholars Award for Pluralism in Economics, as well as the Mulert German Fulbright Association Award for Mutual Understanding and the A.SK Postdoctoral Award. He is the project manager of Global Colleagues, a project that brings together poverty scholars in one-to-one research partnerships.
• Max Weber Postdoctoral Fellow at the European University Institute, Florence
• Fulbright-Schuman & Global Justice Fellow, Yale University
• PhD, Hertie School of Governance & Berlin Graduate School for Transnational Studies
• MSc in International Political Economy, London School of Economics
• BA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, University of Oxford (The Queen’s College)