The GYA and its members have embraced the opportunity to meaningfully collaborate online by organising and participating in a number of international, thematic workshops and capacity-building initiatives for its members and alumni, as well as for early-career researchers (ECRs) from the global network of Young Academies.
Online skills training workshops from the last quarter of 2020 include the following:
• Workshops to sharpen presentation skills, held with coach Lisa Shufro.
• Research Writing Workshops in cooperation with the Oxford-based charity AuthorAid.
• A workshop series to empower South Asian ECRs, led by the Science Diplomacy in South Asia working group.
• Webinar on the role of Young Academies in Africa.
Important cooperative meetings to address ECR-specific topics:
• GYA-ALLEA-STM Round Tables on “The Future of Peer Review”.