For the 2021 funding period, GYA members will continue to be active in 17 working groups and three Incubators within the three GYA Themes of Science & Society, Research Environment, and Science Education and Outreach.
The Critical Experiments incubator group, which was established in January 2020, will continue to operate in 2021.
In addition to regular base funding for the 12 months of 2021, top-up funding for specific additional activities has been granted to the following GYA working groups:
- Bio2Bio – co-funding for publications on biodiversity
- Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction – videos for science communication for climate change
- Global Migration – two projects on “The refugee crisis and evidence-based policy in the MENA region”, and “Refugees and Human Rights: the effect of Corona virus on Human Rights”
- Science + Arts = Peace and Justice – Sketches and poems of Science
- Science Diplomacy in South Asia – online workshop on “South Asian Science Leadership Programme”