The 4th Worldwide Meeting of Young Academies (WWMYA) will take place from 31 July – 2 August 2019 in Da Nang, Vietnam, hosted by the Vietnam Young Academy (VYA) and co-organised by the Global Young Academy (GYA). The meeting will be kindly hosted at Duy Tan University, who are also supporting the organisation of this meeting.
Theme: Young Academies for Promoting Peaceful and Inclusive Societies
The 2019 WWMYA will bring together representatives from existing and from newly-establishing young academies from all over the globe (see here for a current list of young academies). It will offer a great opportunity for young academy representatives to exchange experiences, discuss successful young academy activities and develop common positions and best practices for cooperation both on a global and on regional levels. In doing so, the meeting will carry forward the outcomes from the previous WWMYAs in the Netherlands (2012), Sweden (2015) and South Africa in particular (2017) (see here for the 2017 WWMYA Report). Participation by invitation only.
Da Nang Statement (2 August 2019): LINK
News release (30 July 2019): LINK
WWMYA briefing note: LINK
Pre-Conference: The WWMYA will be preceeded by the 2-day VYA Maiden Conference on “Nanomaterials for Healthcare”, from 29-31 July 2019.
Details on how to register or submit an abstract can be found on the Conference website here.
Contact – For any queries regarding the 4th Worldwide Meeting of Young Academies 2019, please contact Anna-Maria Gramatté at the GYA Office, or the Chair of the Local Organising Team, VYA Founder Nguyen TK Thanh.
Accommodation for participants – here
Logistics, addresses and directions – here
Visa information for participants – here
Programme Organising Committee
The Programme Organising Committee includes representatives from the VYA, the GYA and the following young academies: Cameroon Academy of Young Scientists, Royal Society of Canada’s College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists, Indian National Young Academy of Science, Young Academy of Japan, Dutch Young Academy, Nigerian Young Academy, Sri Lanka Academy of Young Scientists, Thai Young Scientists Academy; as well as the young academy initiatives from Bangladesh, Hungary and Nepal.
Local Organising Committee
The Local Organising Committee includes representatives from the VYA and Duy Tan University, as well as from the GYA.
Partners / Funders
The Meeting is kindly supported by the following organisations:
- Duy Tan University, Da Nang, Vietnam
- German Federal Ministry of Education & Research (BMBF)
- National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED), Vietnam
- Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET)
- Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
- Korea-Vietnam Friendship Information Technology College, Da Nang, Vietnam
- InterAcademy Partnership (IAP for Policy)
- International Science Council (ISC)
- National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), Thailand
- Office of Naval Research US
- University of St Andrews (UK)
- Africa Oxford Initiative (UK)
- Dutch Young Academy