The 3rd Worldwide Meeting of Young Academies will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 19-21 July 2017, hosted by the South African Young Academy of Science (SAYAS) and co-organised by the Global Young Academy (GYA).
This will be a great opportunity for representatives from NYAs and similar bodies to exchange ideas and expertise, discuss successful Young Academy activities and think about future networking and cooperation both on a global and regional levels. Regional outbreak sessions will also form part of the meeting.
Since the 1st Worldwide Meeting in Amsterdam in 2012 and the 2nd Meeting in Stockholm in 2015, the international movement of Young Academies (YAs) has grown extensively with many new YAs established. See the map on the GYA website here.
Moreover, SAYAS in partnership with the Department of Science and Technology (DST), the Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf), the World Academy of Sciences Regional Office of sub-Saharan Africa (TWAS-ROSSA), the Organisation for Women in Science for the Developing World -South Africa Chapter (OWSD-SANC), and the National Research Foundation (NRF) will also host their annual Young Scientists Conference on “Young Scientists’ Role in Science Advice” on 19 July as part of the Worldwide Meeting.
A draft programme will be published here soon.
Participation is by Invitation Only
For more information on the meeting, including details on location, travel advice and visa information, see SAYAS’ Event Website here.
For any queries regarding the 3rd Worldwide Meeting of Young Academies 2017, please contact:
Anna-Maria Gramatté at the GYA Office:
Edith Shikumo at the SAYAS Secretariat:
Partners / Funders
The events are supported by the following organisations:
- Department of Science and Technology (DST), South Africa
- Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf)
- National Research Foundation (NRF), South Africa
- World Academy of Sciences Regional Office of sub-Saharan Africa (TWAS-ROSSA)
- Organisation for Women in Science for the Developing World, South Africa Chapter (OWSD-SANC)
- InterAcademy Partnership
- IAP for Health
- Volkswagen Foundation
- South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC)
- International Council for Science, Regional Office for Africa (ICSU-ROA)
- New Zealand High Commission, South Africa