Research & Institution
Yildiz Technical University
Department of Chemistry
34349 İstanbul, TURKEY
He is currently a professor in the Chemistry Department at Yildiz Technical University. His research background over the past 17 years has been mostly focused on metal speciation, hydride generation systems, cold vapor metal determination, SQT atom trap systems, food analysis, waste water treatment, and chromatography. He has published 72 papers in international journals having high impact factors and he has 89 publications resulting from national/international conferences. Dr. Bakırdere has earned many national and international academic awards and he has served as a referee for many reputable international journals. He was selected as Associated Member of Turkish Academy of Science on 06/06/2015.
Awards & Affiliations
1. The Best Poster Award, Sensitive Determination of Copper in Water Samples Using Dispersive Liquid-Liquid Microextraction-Slotted Quartz Tube-Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometry, 7th International IUPAC Conference on Green Chemistry, 2-5 October 2017, Moskow, Russia.
2. The Best Poster Award (2nd), Sertralinin GC-MS Sisteminde Düşük Seviyelerde Tayinine Yönelik Analitik Yöntem Geliştirilmesi ve Yapay Mide Ortamindaki Kararliliğinin Tespit Edilmesi (Development of Analytical Method for the Determination of Sertraline at Trace Levels using GC-MS System and Determination of its Stability in Artificial Stomach Environment), Es-An 2016, IV. Trace Analysis Workshop, 19-22 May 2016, Sakarya, Turkey
3. CITAC Best Papers Award 2011, "Determination of arsenobetaine in fish tissue by species specific isotope dilution LC-LTQ-Orbitrap-MS and standard addition LC-ICPMS", Analytical Chemistry, 2011, CITAC (Cooperation on International Traceability in Analytical Chemistry, http://www.citac.cc/).
4. The Best Poster Award (3rd), Bor Elementinin Erkeklerde Prostat Büyüklüğü ve Alt Üriner Sistem Septomlarına Etkisi (Effect of Boron on Prostate Size and Lower Urinary System Septomas in Male), XI. National Spectroscopy Conference, 23-26 June 2009, Ankara, Turkey.
5. Perkin Elmer Excellent Poster Award, Interference Studies for Bismuth Determination by Tungsten Trap Atomic Absorption Spectrometry, Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale XXXV, 23-27 September 2007, Xiamen, China.