While the COVID-19 pandemic is currently in focus, ongoing problems such as climate change, biodiversity losses, groundwater depletion, pollution and antibiotic resistance, also require collaborative efforts across sectors, disciplines and borders to find and implement solutions. While overall global income inequality has been decreasing, the economic divide within some societies is widening. Issues of food security, widespread accessible energy, clean water, hygiene and health among large sections of the human population are urgent.
We need to act now toward fulfilling the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To address these challenges, a total of 240 participants on the conference platform – young scientists and researchers from across the globe, with representatives from GYA partner organizations – participated in one or more discussion over 2 weeks in the GYA’s first virtual International Conference of Young Scientists “Heal the Earth: Sustainable Development Goals in a Changing World”.
A comprehensive report is forthcoming. Most panel contributions and live sessions can be viewed on the GYA youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/GlobalYoungAcademy.
- Playlist for pre-Conference workshop “Open Science from a Global Perspective”
- Playlist for “Beyond Boundaries: COVID-19 and Global Health”
- Playlist for “Diminishing Resources and Environmental Sustainability”
- Playlist for “Higher Education Institutions Teaching and Research: All in different boats but in the same storm”
- Playlist for “Engagement at Large: Science Communication to and with the Public”
Further information and the full e-conference programme can be found here: https://conference.globalyoungacademy.net/.