Science for Youth
Leader: Aftab Ahmad
The aim of this project is to disseminate and popularize science at the level of school and college students. We propose to have a “Science for Youth” week to be arranged each year. In that week several events will be arranged in schools, colleges and universities. The events will include Science quiz, Scientific poster and model competitions, Lectures by eminent scientists, lab visits etc. To encourage students, awards will be given for quiz and winners of posters and models.
- Career counseling
- Developing interest in science
- Better understanding of science
- Awareness about health and environmental issues
- Future science leadership
There will be one country coordinator from each country (two contact persons) and after the week, the coordinator will send report of all the activities that will be added on project website, as well as will be presented at the GYA GA 2014.
We will approach UNESCO and will send a proposal for the science week project. In addition collaboration will be developed with all NYAs to arrange science for youth week in their respective country.
- Science will be more popular in schools and colleges and students will take interest in it.
- Better understanding of science and scientific phenomenon
- Attraction and realization of importance of science.
- More aware youth and hence all the community
- Learning through problem solving will make the students to take more rational approach to solve problems
Watch Aftab Ahmad explaining this GYA Working Group!
For any querry related to this project please contact Aftab Ahmad email@example.com